arla on FreeBSD 6 or 7?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 22 01:35:46 CET 2008

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008, Alec Kloss wrote:

> As for liblwp, I'm already abusing things a little by installing into
> $PREFIX/arla;  does that not help?  I suppose during link we might be
> getting coda's lwp linked in?  I can look into what it would take to rename
> liblwp in my port.  I'm curious to know how different arla's liblwp and
> coda's liblwp are---I'd think there'd be some chance of them sharing.

I think /usr/local/lib must still be before /usr/local/arla/lib (or the like)
when evaluating -llwp.

If you need a hand figuring out VFS changes between 6 and 8, let me know.  I
think most of the changes are relatively minor, although no doubt somewhat
disruptive.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge