arla on FreeBSD 6 or 7?

Emmanuel Vadot elbarto at staff.epita.fr
Mon Jan 21 09:37:16 CET 2008

Alec Kloss wrote:
> I have, for everyone's consideration, FreeBSD ports for a recent
> arla snapshot and OpenAFS 1.5.30.  The arla client appears to work
> well on FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE.  The The OpenAFS port does not
> include the client, just the server and the client tools, which I
> tend to prefer over the arla tools because they're more complete.
> I install most of arla into /usr/local/arla, and most of OpenAFS
> into /usr/local, so they don't stomp all over each other.  You
> want/need heimdal 1.0.1 and a readline.  There are also FreeBSD
> 6.3-PRE packages for everything.
>
> http://setfilepointer.com/pub/afs/FreeBSD/
>
> /afs/setfilepointer.com/packages/afs/FreeBSD/
>
> Comments welcome.  Testers on 6.2 and 5.5 would probably be a good
> thing too.

 Hello, I just tested on FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE, it launch well but I
cannot list
 the /afs directory, it even won't appears on the / while the arlad is
launched.
 Can you provide the diff for the arla src, in this case I will can do
further investigation.
 Thanks.

--
Emmanuel Vadot          System & Network Administrator [root & bocal]
elbarto at epitech.net     14-16 rue Voltaire 94270 Le Kremlin-Bicetre