Arla on FreeBSD 5.5

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Wed Sep 13 23:13:59 CEST 2006

"Jerold McAllister" <jerrymc at msu.edu> writes:
> I was informed that it would not work on 6.1 due to problems using locks
> (kernel locks??) that have not been resolved.

Still true I'm afraid.

> #  ===> arla-0.40 is marked as broken: "compiles but overwrites files
> #  from a dependancy (security/heimdal)".

Recent arla-releases should work with FreeBSD 5.5, but 0.40 isn't exactly
the latest.

I'm not very representative; I just grab the arla and heimdal sources and
compile and install them. The default paths are different from the
ports/packages and don't conflict at all :)

There's a new maintainer for the net/arla port, I'm sure he'd appreciate
patches or general encouragement.  Small steps make progress, too.

/t