Arla on FreeBSD 5.5

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Thu Sep 14 11:25:51 CEST 2006

> > #  ===> arla-0.40 is marked as broken: "compiles but overwrites files
> > #  from a dependancy (security/heimdal)".
> >
> Recent arla-releases should work with FreeBSD 5.5, but 0.40 isn't exactly
> the latest.

As the current arla release (0.43) works this is more of a question to
the packager than to the arla team.

> I'm not very representative; I just grab the arla and heimdal sources and
> compile and install them. The default paths are different from the
> ports/packages and don't conflict at all :)

I don't know what the ports maintainers have done to neiher heimdal
nor arla or if it is just a question of "done nothing" for a long
time, but if you just take heimdal (currently 0.7.2) and arla
(currently 0.43) "as is" from the sources it compiles and works. I'd
suggest the ports maintainers should do the same, as all modifications
they add they will have to maintain.

I guess the freebsd port maintainer for arla is on this list. Hi! We'd
like to hear more from you here.

Harald.