Arla on FreeBSD 5.5

david l goodrich dlg at dorkzilla.org
Wed Sep 13 20:27:49 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:19:55PM -0400, Jerold McAllister wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

> the install is blocked with the message:
>
> #  ===> arla-0.40 is marked as broken: "compiles but overwrites files
> #  from a dependancy (security/heimdal)".
>

> Does it just overwrite heimdal with the one from ports - which might be
> what is already installed anyway?    If so, does it matter?

no, it conflicts with files provided by heimdal, but the solution
is fairly simple, when you compile it, add the flags
--program-prefix=arla-  \
--libdir=${PREFIX}/lib/arla \
--includedir=${PREFIX}/include/arla

to ./configure to deconflict it.  i have collaborated on a patch
for NetBSD's pkgsrc, and it can be found
http://www.dsrw.org/~dlg/moebius/patches/net_arla.diff here if it
helps as a guide.  i do not think it has been accepted by NetBSD
yet.

> If it matters, does arla have to have that particular heimdal and not
> what might already be installed - so can a check for it be put in and
> have it skip over the overwriting and just use what is already there?

at least in NetBSD, the installed heimdal does not come with the
`afslog` and `pagsh` commands, which the heimdal in pkgsrc
provides.

> Basically, I need to get somewhere on this and don't know how to
> procede so any pointers or help will be appreciated.

hope this helps.
  --david