New msg with 0.42 and NetBSD 3.0/i386

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Mon May 8 22:48:20 CEST 2006

Jason White <jdw-arla at menelos.com> writes:
> Since upgrading to arla 0.42 (NetBSD 3.0/i386) I see several of these
> messages during the nightly update:
> /netbsd: nnpfs_message_installattr: data but no tokens
> (236,536870984,41005,26690618)

[...]
> During the four hours it took to update the tree this morning I saw over
> 13000 of these messages.

That's a lot. Is it always the same message?  How do you update the pkgsrc
repo?

> Any insight into what's causing these messages?

It happens when arlad and nnpfs are slightly out of sync and nnpfs decides
to ignore some flag in a message from arlad.  It's not really a problem,
but as it should be fixed the warnings are still there... but I always end
up looking at other things.  The easiest fix for you is probably just to
remove the printf in nnpfs/bsd/nnpfs_message.c and recompile, there should
be no ill effects whatsoever from that.

On the other hand, if you can find some good way to trigger this easily,
I'm interested.  We should add a test for this.  The numbers in the message
are (cell, volume, vnode, uniq), where an odd vnode number means it's a
directory. 'fs getfid <path>' can be used to see the numbers for any
file/directory i afs.

thanks
        /t