roken and heimdal dependencies

Horst Birthelmer horst at riback.net
Thu Nov 10 11:50:48 CET 2005

On Nov 10, 2005, at 3:20 AM, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> Seems to me the issue is whether Arla will require you to build/
> install a specific Kerberos 5 implementation, or will it use the
> one that comes with the OS?
>
> Generically I would prefer that Arla be "self contained" so I don't
> need to install another package as a prerequisite.  I happen to
> like Heimdal a bit better than MIT, but not enough to bother
> installing Heimdal if MIT is already there.

I surely can't speak for Tomas, but I think he meant that for
building. In any other case packaging can be done in any needed way.

A nice example is the Tiger package, which comes with a lot of
heimdal 'stuff' inside, so that you won't have to install it, but
have all the needed binaries around in case you don't have heimdal
already installed.

Horst