running 0.36 on linux-2.6.10 (debian)

Björn Torkelsson torkel at acc.umu.se
Tue Mar 22 16:39:27 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 21:36 +0100, Tomas Olsson wrote:
> Christian Ospelkaus <christian at core-coutainville.org> writes:
> > Because I would like to use a package and I can compile both my kernel
> > and the modules package with make-kpkg...
> >
> Try talking to torkel or maswan, maybe they can send you patches for the
> debian package. I'm not sure how closely they follow this list.
>
> I'm not aware of any major issues with recent arla on linux/amd64 (please
> remind me). Afaik, 0.38, 0.39rc2 and current arla should compile/work on
> any recent kernel and distro. 0.36* was out before some of the latest API
> changes in 2.6.x.

(more or less) completely untested and not of (debian) release quality
packages for debian amd64 and Ubuntu hoary i386 packages are available
at:

 http://www.hpc2n.umu.se/staff/torkel/arla/

The amd64 packages might have wrong dependencies as they were built on
one of our machines which is using a snapshot of the debian pure64
archive from last summer (with security related updates only). You are
probably better of rebuilding the packages from source.

/torkel
PS. Please don't fill the debian BTS with bug reports against these
packages.