running 0.36 on linux-2.6.10 (debian)

Björn Torkelsson torkel at acc.umu.se
Tue Mar 22 16:27:03 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 12:19 +0100, Harald Barth wrote:
> > Because I would like to use a package and I can compile both my kernel and the
> > modules package with make-kpkg...
>
> So convinnce some debian develloper to make a deb file or whatever it
> is called in Debian that builds the stuff. Ok, I'm ignorant about the
> building system in Debian, but it shouldn't be more difficult than
> s/0\.36.2/0.38/g

Unfortunately it is not that easy as the arla (and heimdal) packages in
debian are linked against libroken from kth krb4. However arla does not
build against that version of libroken anymore, so some work is needed
to fix the packages to do the right thing.

And, no, arla will probably not drop kerberos4 support until at least
Sarge (the next debian version) is out.

/torkel