Problems building arla-0.38 on RHEL-3.0 kernel=2.4.21-20.ELsmp

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Fri Mar 18 00:21:26 CET 2005

Andy Malato <andym at oak.njit.edu> writes:
> When I run a ./configure && make -- I get the following error:
>
> make[2]: *** [nnpfs_load.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory

The lines before this usually includes the actual error messages, which are
more interesting. Sometimes the compiler command line is echoed as well,
that can be helpful too.

> What is nnpfs?

nnpfs is the filesystem driver that allows your OS to mount and access
/afs. Without it, you just have the command line utilities to play with. It
used to be called xfs, but that's too popular a name nowadays.

> Anyone have suggestions on how I can succesfully compile arla-0.38 on an
> AMD64 system running RHEL 3.0 with kernel 2.4.21-20.ELsmp ?

I don't know anything about rhel30 specifically, but do you have heimdal
installed? Arla should work with MIT kerberos, but it's not all that well
tested. We tend to use heimdal, and it works very well. If it's in a
nonstandard place, you may need to give --with-krb5 to configure.

/t