arla on dual amd 64-bit

Rasmus Kaj kaj at kth.se
Tue Aug 2 12:02:44 CEST 2005

 HB> It is not _that_ easy because configure must first detect that is is
 HB> actually a system which has the feature "kernel module-build
 HB> infrastructure" and then build the right Makefile.

Approximatley how many systems would that be, of the BSDs?  FreeBSD
5.4 is one of them, but is all of FreeBSD 5.x ok?  I assume it isn't
broken in 6 or 7 (yes, HEAD is now 7). How about FreeBSD 4.x?  I think
we can safely ignore FreeBSD 3.x?

How about NetBSD?  And OpenBSD?, or is the OpenBSD port so specific
that we can/should ignore it?

I'm not suggesting that the configure test should just look at the
version numbers, I just want to know if the new system would be used
more often than not.

--
Rasmus Kaj --+-- rasmus at kaj.se --+-- http://www.stacken.kth.se/~kaj/
Proffs byggde Titanic - amatörer byggde arken