arla on dual amd 64-bit

Garrett Wollman wollman at csail.mit.edu
Wed Aug 3 11:50:43 CEST 2005

<<On 02 Aug 2005 12:02:33 +0200, Rasmus Kaj <kaj at kth.se> said:

> Approximatley how many systems would that be, of the BSDs?  FreeBSD
> 5.4 is one of them, but is all of FreeBSD 5.x ok?  I assume it isn't
> broken in 6 or 7 (yes, HEAD is now 7). How about FreeBSD 4.x?  I think
> we can safely ignore FreeBSD 3.x?

All FreeBSD systems on which Arla is likely to work have the
module-build infrastructure, although it works somewhat differently in
4.x (now approaching EOL) than in 5+.

There needs to be some configure infrastructure to set KERNBUILDDIR to
an appropriate place, if the user is not using the GENERIC kernel.
("--with-freebsd-kernel-build-dir=/foo"?)

-GAWollman