Arla on Ubuntu

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Fri Apr 15 08:48:47 CEST 2005

Abhay Srivastava <abhaysahai at gmail.com> writes:
> nnpfs: Unknown symbol put_filp
> nnpfs: Unknown symbol page_follow_link

This is the 0.36* version, right? I think this one is fixed in 0.38 and
later (such as 0.39), the symbols were removed in linux-2.6.10 or so. Is
the error message different for 0.38?

Also note that the nnpfs protocol changes between releases, so you can't
use an older arlad daemon with a modern nnpfs (and you do need a modern
nnpfs to match your kernel).

> I have compiled arla-module-sources and used various versions of arla,
> even the one suggested by torkel .

Have you tried a pure arla build? Like to get 0.39 and do
./configure && make && make install (or smth like that)? I'm not aware of
any modern .deb's.

/t