Arla on Ubuntu

Björn Torkelsson torkel at acc.umu.se
Fri Apr 15 09:29:28 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 08:48 +0200, Tomas Olsson wrote:
> Abhay Srivastava <abhaysahai at gmail.com> writes:
> > nnpfs: Unknown symbol put_filp
> > nnpfs: Unknown symbol page_follow_link
> >
> This is the 0.36* version, right? I think this one is fixed in 0.38 and
> later (such as 0.39), the symbols were removed in linux-2.6.10 or so. Is
> the error message different for 0.38?
>
> Also note that the nnpfs protocol changes between releases, so you can't
> use an older arlad daemon with a modern nnpfs (and you do need a modern
> nnpfs to match your kernel).
>
> > I have compiled arla-module-sources and used various versions of arla,
> > even the one suggested by torkel .
> >
> Have you tried a pure arla build? Like to get 0.39 and do
> ./configure && make && make install (or smth like that)? I'm not aware of
> any modern .deb's.

For Ubuntu:

/afs/hpc2n.umu.se/home/t/torkel/www/arla/Ubuntu

or at:

http://www.hpc2n.umu.se/staff/torkel/arla/Ubuntu/

I put a prebuilt arla-modules deb there too, built against the 2.6.10
kernel in Ubuntu hoary.

As usual my standard disclaimer as I am not a Debian developer; the
packages are not yet of normal Debian/Ubuntu quality. I appreciate
comments about the packages though :-)

/torkel