arla 0.3[89] on linux-2.6.11 severe problems.

Klaus Robert Suetterlin robert at mpe.mpg.de
Thu Apr 7 21:53:46 CEST 2005

I will look at arla-cli behaviour.

Running with active arla ``crashes'' the system after about an hour
of work.  All filesystem access is halted in kernel mode.  The
remaining system keeps going.  So I can ping, remote login (but not
start a shell), etc.  As we have to use the system for some work,
I cannot run in diagnostic mode all time.

For the remaining points I need more details from You, especially,
where to find and where to put the debug output.

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 03:18:13PM +0200, Tomas Olsson wrote:
> Klaus Robert Suetterlin <robert at mpe.mpg.de> writes:
> > 1) If my cache is located on an ext2 file system, my /afs is empty.
> > And trying to access /afs/some.cell results in an error message
> > similar to ``no such device''.
> >
> Strange. Does arla-cli work with the cachedir arg set to this file system?
> I guess the next step is to run with full logging, nnpfs is probably most
> interesting. Either with 'fs nnpfsdebug alm' or by editing
> arla/nnpfs/linux/nnpfs_deb.c and recompile etc. It would also be nice to
> know if arlad successfully connects to nnpfs.

What kind of naming or permission problem do You mean?
> ext2 is the one fs we recommend and trust for the cache. Could it be a
> naming or permission problem?

--Robert Suetterlin (robert at mpe.mpg.de)
phone: (+49)89 / 30000-3546   fax: (+49)89 / 30000-3950