arla 0.3[89] on linux-2.6.11 severe problems.

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Thu Apr 7 15:19:37 CEST 2005

Klaus Robert Suetterlin <robert at mpe.mpg.de> writes:
> 1) If my cache is located on an ext2 file system, my /afs is empty.
> And trying to access /afs/some.cell results in an error message
> similar to ``no such device''.

Strange. Does arla-cli work with the cachedir arg set to this file system?
I guess the next step is to run with full logging, nnpfs is probably most
interesting. Either with 'fs nnpfsdebug alm' or by editing
arla/nnpfs/linux/nnpfs_deb.c and recompile etc. It would also be nice to
know if arlad successfully connects to nnpfs.

ext2 is the one fs we recommend and trust for the cache. Could it be a
naming or permission problem?

/t