arla 0.3[89] on linux-2.6.11 severe problems.

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Thu Apr 7 22:22:17 CEST 2005

Klaus Robert Suetterlin <robert at mpe.mpg.de> writes:
> Running with active arla ``crashes'' the system after about an hour of
> work.  All filesystem access is halted in kernel mode.  The remaining
> system keeps going.

This is with ext3 or reiserfs? Do you get any kernel messages or oopses,
does arlad crash?

> For the remaining points I need more details from You, especially,
> where to find and where to put the debug output.

I usually find it in /var/log/messages, but arlad takes arguments to
control log level and where to log (such as a file name). If you find
interesting parts it's ok to send it to the list, large files you can send
to me in private or put someplace readable in afs.

> > ext2 is the one fs we recommend and trust for the cache. Could it be a
> > naming or permission problem?
>
> What kind of naming or permission problem do You mean?

I was thinking about devices and such, but I really don't know.

/t