Do any of the arla snapshots work under redhat 9?

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Sat Mar 27 21:58:44 CET 2004

"Jason Ferrara" <jeferrara at sarnoff.com> writes:

> If I don't do the --with-krb4=/nowhere it finds the redhat install of
> krb4 (even though I don't want to use it) and creates messed up
> makefiles.

Sounds interesting, can you send us your config.log for that case (off
list)?

> It looks like one of the libraries it links against uses pthreads, and
> thats somehow conflicting with lwp.

For me, the default lwp works well using glibc-2.3.2-11.9 and
kernel-smp-2.4.20-28.9, while --with-pthreads messes things up. Still
haven't gotten a 2.4.24 up. Did you build the kernel yourself? Library
versions?

After Love's commits yesterday, I get pthreads to work as well on some rh9
machines, perhaps it helps you too?

/Tomas