Do any of the arla snapshots work under redhat 9?

Jason Ferrara jeferrara at sarnoff.com
Mon Mar 22 21:17:22 CET 2004

On Mar 22, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Harald Barth wrote:

>> I did ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal --with-krb4=/nowhere
>> --enable-smp
>
> Arla configure might not set the correct flags for SMP. First thing to
> try:
>
> ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal --without-krb4 --enable-smp
> CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_SMP=1"

Tried that. I get the same pthreads related crash at startup. I also
tried

./configure --with-krb5=/usr/heimdal --without-krb4 --enable-smp
--with-pthreads=/usr/lib CFLAGS="-DCONFIG_SMP=1"

and it starts up, but I still get that crash when doing an ls in an afs
directory that contains files.

> Of course this should be fixed in configure.in later. Next thing to
> try: Install some older RH 6.2 compat libc and link against that.
> That might conflicts between pthreads in libc and lwp.
>
> export GLIBC_VERSION=2.1.3
> and then all the rest

I tried this. I get same pthreads crash. As near as I can tell its
still linking
against the normal glibc. Even though I do have the compat-glibc rpm
installed.
I looked around for documentation on how to compile with compat-glibc
but I
couldn't find anything.