Problems with Arla 0.36.1 on Linux 2.4.26

Asheesh Laroia arlaafs at asheeshenterprises.com
Mon Jun 28 03:16:34 CEST 2004

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Tomas Olsson wrote:

> Asheesh Laroia <arlaafs at asheeshenterprises.com> writes:
>
>> I then did apt-get install arla.  It seemed to configure and install
>> fine, but this happens, both as a user and as root:
>>
> I'm afraid I don't know the status of the debian package, so I'll just say
> some general things. Take a look at the scripts in nnpfs/linux/bin in the
> source tree. They can be used to start the arlad daemon etc in a way that
> works on most systems. Also, you need to have an arlad that matches your
> nnpfs, the protocol they use changed a few months back.

I'm using arla from source for now, but no dice.

I compiled nnpfs from 0.36.1 and directly insmodded it, and then just did
'make install' in the arla 0.36.1 directory, and then ran
nnpfs/linux/bin/startarla , which seems to run fine.

I do have a loopback filesystem mount in /var/cache/arla; its type is
ext3, since my main filesystem is xfs and I hear that arla is incompatible
with using SGI XFS as the cache filesystem.

When I run arlad -n (for no detach mode), it segfaults.  Is that normal?

-- Asheesh.

--
Ah, but the choice of dreams to live,
there's the rub.

For all dreams are not equal,
some exit to nightmare
most end with the dreamer

But at least one must be lived ... and died.