Problems with Arla 0.36.1 on Linux 2.4.26

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Mon Jun 28 11:32:42 CEST 2004

Asheesh Laroia <arlaafs at asheeshenterprises.com> writes:

> When I run arlad -n (for no detach mode), it segfaults.  Is that normal?

Not really, but I have the same problem on my debian box. Since others run
arla without any trouble on debian, I figured it's probably due to some
incompat between my glibc (or smth) and our threading package, lwp. Didn't
look any deeper into it. lwp is _very_ ancient and generally works, so we
try not to touch it unless we really need to. This might be the same bug as

This probably means that arlad segfaults when detached too. I solved the
problem by using a static arlad built on another linux box, and have been
happy ever since... For testing purposes, arla-cli is good. It uses the
same threading etc, but you don't need the kernel module.

Torkel, any comments? What's your setup?

/Tomas