nothing but afs pings?

Tomas Olsson tol at stacken.kth.se
Tue Dec 7 08:24:14 CET 2004

Mike Marion <mmarion at qualcomm.com> writes:

> Suddenly, all the amd64_linux26 hosts (and one i386_linux26 host) I
> have running arla, which has been running fine for months, is hanging
> on afs with the only packets like so:

Is there any other kind of traffic before the pinging? If you start arlad
with full debug logging on, what does it say? Maybe nnpfs logs can be
helpful, too.

(if you want to cut down on the amount of boring data in the logs, you can
temporarily lower the number of cache nodes in arla.conf)

Of course, my first guess would be that there's been a change in config on
either all of your clients (kernel, network, afs, filesystems), or just a
server or two. One changed master file in afs can change a lot of hosts.

Are other afs clients around functioning well using the same servers?

/Tomas