Arla 0.3.5.11, Mac OS X 10.2.6 Finder

Massimo Marino Massimo_Marino at lbl.gov
Fri Sep 12 15:31:51 CEST 2003

Hi there,

wondered whether everyone sees this (mis)behavior with the Finder:

If I launch Arla and access afs directory tree before I get an
authentication the Finder consider the lack of it as final. Even if on
the terminal I authenticate and have access to my files there the
Finder always complains of lack of right access. Only way to get it on
par with the shell is to re-launch it.
If I instead get authentication before accessing the same directories
in the Finder then the authentication is recognized.

Another colleague experiences another annoying problem with symlinks
between afs directories. In the terminal they are happily followed, not
so from the Finder.

Is there a cure?
--
Massimo Marino