arla & freebsd 5.x

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Dec 31 00:42:01 CET 2003

> ./.libs/libko.a(libko_la-kocell.o): In function `cell_getcellbyhost':
> /root/arla-0.36pre31/lib/ko/kocell.c:865: undefined reference to `krb_realmofhost'
> *** Error code 1

If you look at kocell.c:

#ifdef HAVE_KRB4
    ptr = krb_realmofhost(host);
#endif

So you have configured heimdal with krb4 backwards compat? If you have
that, you need a libkrb.a providing krb_realmofhost(), typically in
/usr/athena/lib (--with-krb4=/usr/athena), but I guess that should not
be the case. Check that you configure --without-krb4 and then
hopefully you will not get HAVE_KRB4 defined which will release the
need of krb_realmofhost().

Harald.