arla & freebsd 5.x

Mark Ogden ogden at eng.utah.edu
Wed Dec 31 06:57:18 CET 2003

Harald Barth on Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:41:48AM +0100 wrote:
> If you look at kocell.c:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_KRB4
>     ptr = krb_realmofhost(host);
> #endif
>
> So you have configured heimdal with krb4 backwards compat? If you have
> that, you need a libkrb.a providing krb_realmofhost(), typically in
> /usr/athena/lib (--with-krb4=/usr/athena), but I guess that should not
> be the case. Check that you configure --without-krb4 and then
> hopefully you will not get HAVE_KRB4 defined which will release the
> need of krb_realmofhost().
>
> Harald.

Thanks, no with --without-krb4 it does not give that error but now I
get the following:

gensysname gensysname-gensysname.o  ../../util/.libs/libarlautil.a
-L/usr/src/crypto/heimdal/lib -lroken -lcrypt
gensysname-gensysname.o: In function `main':
/root/arla-0.36pre31/lib/ko/gensysname.c:251: undefined reference to
`set_progname'
*** Error code 1

Thanks again for your time, you have been a great help.

-Mark