compiling arla-0.35.7 on RedHat7.2

Camelia Botez camelia at wicc.weizmann.ac.il
Thu May 2 11:34:10 CEST 2002

We already have arla running on linux6.2 ( of course an old versions).
We are upgrading to RedHat7.2 , so I downloaded the latest release for
arla to reinstall it.
I installed first krb4-1.1.1  and I configured arla.
The first error message I got is at the end of the compilation for klog

/usr/athena/lib/libkrb.a str2key.c:67 undefined reference to `crypt`
collect2:ld returned 1 exit status.

Tha means ( i believe ) that  i cannot use klog function.

Anyway the second error is when I run insmod xfs.o I get:

xfs.o : unresolved symbol drop_super.

If I try to run xfs/arla/binstartarla  I get :

the previous error about drop and
mount:  fs type not supported by kernel.

What can I do to get running arla ?

Thank you

Camelia Botez

System Administrator
Weizmann Institute of Science - Physics Faculty
E-mail
camelia.botez at weizmann.ac.il
Phone 972-8-9343288
Fax   972-8-9344106 or 972-8-9344102