arla-0.35.11

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Dec 10 21:03:45 CET 2002

Thomas Jordan <jordant at fnal.gov> writes:

> The install went beautifully and the new OSX features are quite
> nice. Is there a command line equivalent to the new Afslog.app?

Naa, didn't write one. I'll think about it, really, a afslog should be
add-on to the libkrbafs (just like Afslog.app). The command line afslog
should be the heimdal afslog.

> 	[Dix:/usr/arla/bin] jordant% klog
> 	jordant at fnal.gov's Password: 	**I escaped
> 	[Dix:/usr/arla/bin] jordant% aklog
> 	aklog: Failed getting tokens for cell fnal.gov.
> 	[Dix:/usr/arla/bin] jordant%
>
> Afslog.app must read some configuration file that these other tools do
> not. The former gets me tokens from my tickets as advertised. The
> latter are still failing.....

Afslog.app is kerberos 5 only.

aklog and klog (we removed klog in 0.35.10) are kerberos 4 only. Consider
using heimdal/kth-krb afslog instead, they are fine as command line afslog.