Arla and OS X 10.1

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Sun Sep 30 21:03:20 CEST 2001

> Magnus, thanks. I had not actually tried to build it before, I just
> happily used the package. I downloaded the 0.35.6pre8 tarball,
> configured w/ the --disable-map flag, and did a make. The build goes
> for quite a ways then dies when compiling rxk_serv.c.

Sorry, you also need to give the arguments "--with-krb4=/usr/athena
--without-krb5" to configure if you have installed kth-krb in
/usr/athena. This disables the Kerberos 5 that comes with Mac OS X.

> BTW, I found and was able to run the appl/mac/make-mac-package.sh
> script, and it created what appeared to be a package, but I'm
> assuming that without a successful build of the primary libraries,
> etc., this is worthless.

Yes, it is worthless. Also, I have disabled the automatic build of the
GUI, since the build process doesn't always work.

/Magnus