Arla and OS X 10.1

Greg Welch welch at cs.unc.edu
Sun Sep 30 20:48:17 CEST 2001

Magnus, thanks. I had not actually tried to build it before, I just
happily used the package. I downloaded the 0.35.6pre8 tarball,
configured w/ the --disable-map flag, and did a make. The build goes for
quite a ways then dies when compiling rxk_serv.c.

cc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I../include -I./../include -I. -I./..   -g  -Wall
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast
-Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -traditional-cpp -O
-I/usr/include/kerberos rxk_serv.c
rxk_serv.c: In function `server_CreateChallenge':
rxk_serv.c:122: warning: passing arg 1 of `des_random_key' from
incompatible pointer type
rxk_serv.c: In function `decode_krb4_ticket':
rxk_serv.c:308: warning: passing arg 1 of `des_key_sched' from
incompatible pointer type
rxk_serv.c:315: warning: passing arg 6 of `decomp_ticket' from
incompatible pointer type
rxk_serv.c:315: warning: passing arg 9 of `decomp_ticket' from
incompatible pointer type
rxk_serv.c:315: warning: passing arg 12 of `decomp_ticket' from
incompatible pointer type
rxk_serv.c:327: `CLOCK_SKEW' undeclared (first use in this function)
rxk_serv.c:327: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
rxk_serv.c:327: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [rxk_serv.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1
[mac-welchpb:Desktop/arla-0_35_6pre8_0/arla-0.35.6pre8] root#

BTW, I found and was able to run the appl/mac/make-mac-package.sh
script, and it created what appeared to be a package, but I'm assuming
that without a successful build of the primary libraries, etc., this is
worthless.

Thanks again for any help. This is not so much of an emergency that I
cannot wait for someone else to update the online package for darwin/OS
X, but I do use arla quite a bit, very happily so.

--Greg