OS X, problem with Arla Configuration app

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 11 01:18:16 CEST 2001

I tried out the Arla Configuration app...

I gave it my administrator password -- no problem

I clicked on "Stop" to stop Arla.  The AFS volume disappeared from
desktop, great!

I clicked on "Start" to start Arla back up.  A few seconds later, the
GUI disappears and I get one of those "Arla Configuration has
unexpectedly quit" dialogs.

So, I started Arla Configuration up again and clicked "Start".  (I
didn't have to give it my administrator password again -- is that
right?)  This time, Arla Configuration gives me a nice little
sheets-dialog that says "Cannot start Arla" "OK?" so I clicked "OK".
I clicked "Start" a few more times with the same result.  No AFS
volume on my desktop.  If I reboot, the AFS volume comes back and
seems OK.

Is this a known problem with the "Arla Configuration" app?

Troy.