OS X, problem with Arla Configuration app

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Tue Sep 11 18:10:57 CEST 2001

> So, I started Arla Configuration up again and clicked "Start".  (I
> didn't have to give it my administrator password again -- is that
> right?)  This time, Arla Configuration gives me a nice little
> sheets-dialog that says "Cannot start Arla" "OK?" so I clicked "OK". I
> clicked "Start" a few more times with the same result.  No AFS volume
> on my desktop.

The Arla Configuration application starts and stops things in a
strange way, since there are three components that are
started/stopped.

The application uses a very simple way to detect if it should start or
stop things. This can go very wrong. I'm working on a better way to do
this.

> Is this a known problem with the "Arla Configuration" app?

The crash isn't known. It's difficult to know what caused the crash,
but I'll check if I can reproduce it.

/Magnus