Problem with running as AFS client on Tru65 OS V5.1a

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Sat Nov 17 05:11:43 CET 2001

> kumar at psw288:/data/kumar> /usr/arla/bin/klog kumar  <---------
> kumar at psi.ch's Password:
> kerberos-iv/udp unknown service, using default port 750
> klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

This means that klog cannot find your kerberos server. Be sure that
you have the correct lines in your /etc/krb.conf.

Your /etc/krb.conf file should probably look somewhat like this:

PSI.CH  k1 admin server
PSI.CH  k2
PSI.CH  k3

where k1, k2 and k3 is replaced by the names of your kerberos servers.

I would recommend using /usr/athena/bin/kauth instead of klog, since
that probably works better, if you have no special reason for using
klog. kauth also has a -d option that gives you debug output.

/Magnus