Arla Configuration w/ 0.35.6 for Mac OS X 10.1

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Sat Nov 3 18:27:39 CET 2001

> I happily noticed you made an Arla 0.35.6 installer for Mac OS X 10.1.
> I have downloaded and installed it. However I can't seem to use the
> configuration utility unless I log in as root, and even then the
> status does not seem to reflect the true state. But strangest of all,
> If I try and use the configuration utility while logged in as me, no
> matter whether I authenticate as me or as root, I get a strange
> authentication dialog, twice in a row:
>
> 	http://www.cs.unc.edu/~welch/tmp/ArlaAuthentication.jpg

This is because they changed the Security Framework behaviour in 10.1.

> I tried installing Arla both logged in as me, authenticating with root
> and/or me, and logged in as root (which automatically authenticates
> with root). Nothing seemed to matter. I still get the strange
> "trampoline" authentication dialog.

You could try the ArlaConfiguration-test.app.tar.gz in
ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap. This will be included in the
next Arla release.

> BTW, which version of KTH-krb should I be using? krb4-1.0.5?  Or
> should I build/install 1.1?

1.0.5 should work. 1.1 has some problems, but these are fixed in 1.1.1
pre-releases.

/Magnus