Arla Configuration w/ 0.35.6 for Mac OS X 10.1

Greg Welch welch at cs.unc.edu
Sat Nov 3 03:37:17 CET 2001

Magnus,

I happily noticed you made an Arla 0.35.6 installer for Mac OS X 10.1. I
have downloaded and installed it. However I can't seem to use the
configuration utility unless I log in as root, and even then the status
does not seem to reflect the true state. But strangest of all, If I try
and use the configuration utility while logged in as me, no matter
whether I authenticate as me or as root, I get a strange authentication
dialog, twice in a row:

	http://www.cs.unc.edu/~welch/tmp/ArlaAuthentication.jpg

I tried installing Arla both logged in as me, authenticating with root
and/or me, and logged in as root (which automatically authenticates with
root). Nothing seemed to matter. I still get the strange "trampoline"
authentication dialog.

Any idea what's up?

BTW, which version of KTH-krb should I be using? krb4-1.0.5?  Or should
I build/install 1.1?

Thanks.

--Greg