Arla for Mac OS X 10.1, Finder problem

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Fri Nov 2 22:06:50 CET 2001

> After afs is started (either by running /usr/arla/sbin/startarla, or
> using the "Arla Configuration" GUI app) the "afs" mounted folders
> cannot be entered through the Finder. More precisely,
> /usr/arla/sbin/startarla creates /afs (and from a terminal window I
> can navigate from there to into the afs filesystem, and everything
> works just great) but when I try to navigate into that same /afs
> from the Finder by double-clicking on the afs folder, I get the
> message 'The alias "afs" could not be opened, because the original
> item could not be found.'

If you use /usr/arla/sbin/startarla, afs won't show up. If you start
it through the GUI app's "Start" button, or the
/Library/StartupItems/Arla/Arla script, it should work.

If you start it with /usr/arla/sbin/startarla, also execute the
command "/usr/sbin/disktool -r", which makes the system discover the
new mount.

/Magnus