arla recovering after network outage

Chris Wing wingc at engin.umich.edu
Mon May 7 16:33:09 CEST 2001

Hi. I have a quick question about arlad: if arlad detects that
connectivity has been lost to the fileservers containing root.afs, can it
also detect when the connection is back up? I've noticed that when this
happens, I get "network is down" when I try to ls /afs (which is what I'd
expect). But arlad never recovers on its own, even hours after the servers
are back up.

On the other hand, 'fs checkservers' will make everything come back to
life (without needing to restart arlad). Is this a deficiency in arlad, or
am I doing something wrong?

This is using root.afs on a remote server, arla on Linux 2.2.

Thanks,

Chris Wing
wingc at engin.umich.edu