Problems with arla, kth4 and heimdal

Jacob Gorm Hansen jg at ioi.dk
Thu Jun 7 16:40:45 CEST 2001

Hi,

I've compiled arla against heimdal and kth-krb4. My KDC is a MIT server with
krb524 migration kit, serving OpenAFS volumes.

However, after kinit I am unable to get a ticket for my cell with aklog.
I OpenAFS, aklog is able to 'convert' a krb5-ticket to an afs token, but that
does not seem to be the case when using arla and heimdal.

Am I doing something wrong? What is the role of krbafs (which I am not using
since kth4 seems to fill it's place).

Is it possible to run purely with heimdal? Or has anyone had success compiling
against MIT krb5? (Mine fails when linking som des_.* symbols).

Thanks,
Jacob

--
always always avoid redundancy