Problems with arla, kth4 and heimdal

Magnus Ahltorp ahltorp at nada.kth.se
Thu Jun 7 17:02:20 CEST 2001

> I've compiled arla against heimdal and kth-krb4. My KDC is a MIT server with
> krb524 migration kit, serving OpenAFS volumes.
>
> However, after kinit I am unable to get a ticket for my cell with aklog.
> I OpenAFS, aklog is able to 'convert' a krb5-ticket to an afs token, but that
> does not seem to be the case when using arla and heimdal.

If you are using kth-krb4 or heimdal, the afslog program that comes
with kth-krb4 and heimdal converts Kerberos tickets to AFS tokens.

> Am I doing something wrong? What is the role of krbafs (which I am not using
> since kth4 seems to fill it's place).

krbafs is separate distribution of the kafs library (kafs is a part of
kth-krb4 and heimdal).

> Is it possible to run purely with heimdal? Or has anyone had success
> compiling against MIT krb5? (Mine fails when linking som des_.*
> symbols).

Both afslog and kinit in heimdal should give you AFS tokens, provided
that you have a correct ThisCell.

/Magnus