0.35.5 still loses updates

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Sat Aug 25 02:35:06 CEST 2001

sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor]) writes:

> I've had quite little luck with flushv once arla gets out of step,
> both in 0.34 and 0.35.

I've found one bug, but in the linux xfs. One possibe work around is
available at: http://www.e.kth.se/~lha/patches/arla/stale-data.

Now, I haven't been able to reproduce this error on our FBSD-4.4RC
machine. Can you repodunce the error on will ? If not, I can help you with
some patches that will enable you to dump more xfs-state.

The problem with flushv and flush doesn't work is that is that the file
already might be maked as stale in arla. This patch will make fs flush
work: http://www.e.kth.se/~lha/patches/arla/stale-data-force