arla doesn't realize network is back up

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Thu Aug 16 13:14:04 CEST 2001

brians+ at yardarm.fac.cs.cmu.edu writes:

> Sometimes, when I've been using arla for a while and the (dial-up) connection
> goes down, and I bring it back up, arla doesn't seem to notice that the
> connection is back up.  It seems to "cache" that certain files have a status
> of "Network is down".  I've tried unmounting /afs, killing arlad and
> rmmod-ing

Sorry for letting you wait so long

Can you please try 0.35.6pre2
<ftp://ftp.stacken.kth.se/pub/arla/snap/arla-0.35.6pre2.tar.gz> that might
fix some other problems.

If you till have problems, please start arlad with with ``arlad -z -n
--debug=almost-all'' and put the log that you get on a ftp/web-site (or
mail it to me personally, please, not on the list), and that will the me
what the error is.

When a fileserver goes down, arlad tries up to 5 times (each time waiting
1, 2, 4, 8, 16 seconds), during this time the fileserver is "cached" down
(just look on the bit in the ConnCacheEntry. After that the fileserver is
probed again when accessed.

When I think about this, there might be a bug in there (we never set the
children connection to alive again). If that is the case unauthenticated
acccess should work (no tokens) can you try that ?