0.35.5 still loses updates

Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Aug 15 18:20:46 CEST 2001

>> 0.35.5 still occasionally gets into a state where it doesn't see
>> updates to files made on other clients, in particular mail spools.
>> Once it gets that way about a file, it seems to stay that way, i.e. it
>> also doesn't note subsequent updates.

Nickolai> It sounds sort-of like the mmap bug I ran into a while ago[*] that
Nickolai> appears to be still there..

Yup, seems like it.  The kth folks did confirm at one point during
0.34.x that it's still there.  Any idea what us pedestrian users could
do to help fix it?

Nickolai>  You could probably work around by using
Nickolai> "fs flushv".

I've had quite little luck with flushv once arla gets out of step,
both in 0.34 and 0.35.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike