authentication problems(?) in darwin

Tsvika Solan tsolan at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Aug 19 04:58:51 CEST 2001

Hi,
I recently installed arla on my mac running os x (darwin) and it seems to
be working well -- I was able to start it and connect to the
stacken.kth.se cell with no problems. Then, I tried to connect to the
andrew.cmu.edu cell, and again I was successful, however, once I went
through the directories all the way to my personal directory, when I tried
to access one of the files, the little color circle thing shows up in the
finder and never goes away. This makes me wonder if there is an
authentication problem because of one really helpful point: I was never
asked to authenticated.
I did install the KTH-krb software, but perhaps I did not set it up
correctly, could this be the problem? I looked through the krb.conf,
krb.realms and krb5.conf files and they seem to be set up to work with the
andrew.cmu.edu domain, so I don't know what the problem is.

-Tsvika