kernel module

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Tue Sep 26 23:20:24 CEST 2000

Faheem Mitha <faheem at email.unc.edu> writes:

> > > Message from syslogd at Chrestomanci at Sun Sep 24 13:32:06 2000 ...
> > > Chrestomanci kernel: xfs_readdir: data not valid: -4
> >
> > -4 is kernel's version of EINTR, and that probably means that you pressed ^C.
>
> I don't think I did.

Can you make a arlad log available, get one with

    arlad --debug=alm --log=/a/file-to-log-to

Can you put it on a ftp/web site (please don't post it on the mailinglist
since the log gets quite large sometimes).

> > What cell you have in the file ThisCell (that in your case should live in
> > /etc/arla/ThisCell). I think you have stacken.kth.se and then you talk over
> > the atlantic to get data, and that takes time.
>
> No, I have/had isis.unc.edu

Good.

> > Or do you get the "Interrupted systemcall" without pressing any keys ?
>
> Well, I did. The funny thing is that now I don't get anything. The above
> described behaviour was only when I first tried it. Now, if I cd to /afs
> and type ls or anything else it treats it just like it was any other
> directory mounted on my system. As far as I know I didn't change anything.

What happens if you try to lookup anything under there ? Like doing a
``ls isis.unc.edu'' ?