kernel module

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Tue Sep 26 17:17:07 CEST 2000

On 25 Sep 2000, Love wrote:

> Faheem Mitha <faheem at email.unc.edu> writes:
>
> > Dear Arla-drinkers,
> >
> > I tried changing the line in startarla from
> > #insmod $BINDIR/xfs.o to insmod xfs. Now the startarla script executes
> > successfully. However, when I cd to afs and try some commands I get
> >
> > root /afs>
> > Message from syslogd at Chrestomanci at Sun Sep 24 13:32:06 2000 ...
> > Chrestomanci kernel: xfs_readdir: data not valid: -4
>
> -4 is kernel's version of EINTR, and that probably means that you pressed ^C.

I don't think I did.

> > Whst is going on? Should I switch back to the `stable' 34.3 version?
> >
> > Sorry about this string of messages.
>
> What cell you have in the file ThisCell (that in your case should live in
> /etc/arla/ThisCell). I think you have stacken.kth.se and then you talk over
> the atlantic to get data, and that takes time.

No, I have/had isis.unc.edu

> Or do you get the "Interrupted systemcall" without pressing any keys ?

Well, I did. The funny thing is that now I don't get anything. The above
described behaviour was only when I first tried it. Now, if I cd to /afs
and type ls or anything else it treats it just like it was any other
directory mounted on my system. As far as I know I didn't change anything.