Problem with authentication

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Sep 25 17:24:05 CEST 2000

s-luppescu at uchicago.edu writes:

> > This will be made simpler in next release.
>
> Ah, I see. When I call it correctly, it shows no problems.
>
> >> Is it just impossible with krb5, even if I have libkrbafs? If anyone can
> >> help
> >> I'll be very grateful.
> >
> > It is possible to use kth-krb4 and heimdal compile with krb4 support,
> > agaist a ka-server (that is what I use every day).
>
> I can't uninstall krb5, as too many other things in my system depend on it.
> Should I try installing krb4 ADDITIONALLY? It won't confict with krb5?

Are you using a ka-server, if you are runnig a krb5 server you should be
able to tweek your krb5.conf to make it work without building the krb4
stuff. You should also check if you can check out kerberos4 ticket with
your mit krb5 (that you get with redhat), people with experices of
mit-kerberos can probably answer that.

I think that is the simplest solution. Get kth-krb4 from
<ftp://ftp.pdc.kth.se/pub/krb/src/krb4-1.0.2.tar.gz>, run configure without
arguments, compile, install. This will install kth-krb in /usr/athena.

Run arla's configure with --with-krb4=/usr/athena, that might work.