Problem with authentication

s-luppescu@uchicago.edu s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 25 17:12:03 CEST 2000

On 25-Sep-2000 Love wrote:
> s-luppescu at uchicago.edu writes:
>> Also, arlad -t gives this:
>>
>>  /usr/arla/bin/arlad -t
>> bind: Address already in use
>> rxi_GetUDPSocket: unable to bind UDP socket
>> Mon Sep 25 08:53:02 2000: arlad: rx_init: Unknown error 4294967289
>
> You have started a arlad already. If you want to run to arlad in testmode
> at the same time as your run a arlad i the backgrond you need to specify
> --cache-dir=/bah --port=<some-random-udp-port> to the testmode arlad.
>
> This will be made simpler in next release.

Ah, I see. When I call it correctly, it shows no problems.

>> Is it just impossible with krb5, even if I have libkrbafs? If anyone can
>> help
>> I'll be very grateful.
>
> It is possible to use kth-krb4 and heimdal compile with krb4 support,
> agaist a ka-server (that is what I use every day).

I can't uninstall krb5, as too many other things in my system depend on it.
Should I try installing krb4 ADDITIONALLY? It won't confict with krb5?
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
PGP Public Key: www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/pubkey.asc
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
I am the wandering glitch -- catch me if you can.