Problem with authentication

Love lha at stacken.kth.se
Mon Sep 25 16:39:47 CEST 2000

s-luppescu at uchicago.edu writes:

> Hello all, I'm having a problem with authentication. I was able to build and
> install arla with no problems. I can see all the directories in my cell that
> are world readable. The problem is authentication. I'm running RedHat Linux 6.2
> (intel) with arla 0.34.3pre2, krb5 and krbafs, which provides libkrbafs.
>
> The problem is I don't know how to get kerberos tokens on my Linux machine. I
> was advised to do kauth, but I don't have that command. I tried klog and afslog
> and got this:
>
>  /usr/arla/bin/klog
> sl70 at src.uchicago.edu's Password:
> klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

You should read the manual page for krb5.conf (if one exist). I don't know
if you can use mit-krb5 if you have a ka-server.

> /usr/kerberos/bin/afslog
> afslog: Failed getting tokens for cell (local cell) in realm (local realm).
>
> Also, arlad -t gives this:
>
>  /usr/arla/bin/arlad -t
> bind: Address already in use
> rxi_GetUDPSocket: unable to bind UDP socket
> Mon Sep 25 08:53:02 2000: arlad: rx_init: Unknown error 4294967289

You have started a arlad already. If you want to run to arlad in testmode
at the same time as your run a arlad i the backgrond you need to specify
--cache-dir=/bah --port=<some-random-udp-port> to the testmode arlad.

This will be made simpler in next release.

> Is it just impossible with krb5, even if I have libkrbafs? If anyone can help
> I'll be very grateful.

It is possible to use kth-krb4 and heimdal compile with krb4 support,
agaist a ka-server (that is what I use every day).