Problem with authentication

s-luppescu@uchicago.edu s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 25 16:06:31 CEST 2000

Hello all, I'm having a problem with authentication. I was able to build and
install arla with no problems. I can see all the directories in my cell that
are world readable. The problem is authentication. I'm running RedHat Linux 6.2
(intel) with arla 0.34.3pre2, krb5 and krbafs, which provides libkrbafs.

The problem is I don't know how to get kerberos tokens on my Linux machine. I
was advised to do kauth, but I don't have that command. I tried klog and afslog
and got this:

 /usr/arla/bin/klog
sl70 at src.uchicago.edu's Password:
klog: Unable to authenticate to Kerberos: Can't send request (send_to_kdc)

/usr/kerberos/bin/afslog
afslog: Failed getting tokens for cell (local cell) in realm (local realm).

Also, arlad -t gives this:

 /usr/arla/bin/arlad -t
bind: Address already in use
rxi_GetUDPSocket: unable to bind UDP socket
Mon Sep 25 08:53:02 2000: arlad: rx_init: Unknown error 4294967289

Is it just impossible with krb5, even if I have libkrbafs? If anyone can help
I'll be very grateful.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
PGP Public Key: www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/pubkey.asc
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070