kernel module

Faheem Mitha faheem at email.unc.edu
Sun Sep 24 19:52:21 CEST 2000

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Chris Wing wrote:

> Faheem:
>
> You might want to look at my Arla RPM here:
>
> http://eltopo.engin.umich.edu/caenlinux/6.1/SRPMS/SRPMS/arla-0.31-12.src.rpm
>
> it handles the case of having multiple kernels installed and should work
> with RedHat 6.x systems. Note that it doesn't build multiple kernel
> modules automatically, you have to edit /boot/kernel.h for the time being.

Dear Chris,

Unfortunately, I don't use RedHat,but I will take a look anyway. I use
SuSE, and unfortunately SuSE and RH are somewhat incompatible.  For one
thing, SuSE does not use chkconfig.

There are at least two other RH-like rpms listed on the arla home page.
Suggestion: have a link to your rpm put there. The more the merrier!

                          Best regards, Faheem Mitha.