arla Debian package

Harald Barth haba at pdc.kth.se
Wed Oct 25 16:35:31 CEST 2000

> apt-get takes care of that!!! So that's no problem.

Ok, if apt-get finds the correct package, the only problem left is to
produce all variations. History tells that compiling packages in the
same pace as new arlas arrive can be challenging.

> And ofcouse the plan is to distribute the source of the kernel-part in a
> source-package that is easily built on debian system.

I was thinking about putting the efforts into that only. No package
with xfs.o.

> apt-get install arla-module-source   # This will also install arla-utils
>                                      # which includes everything but the
> 				     # kernel-module
> cd /usr/src/modules/arla
> KSRC=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.0-test10 debian/rules binary
> dpkg -i ../arla-module*deb

I was just thinking about a postinst doing

SRCDIR=/usr/src/modules/arla
OBJDIR=/where/debian/compiles/stuff

mkdir -p $OBJDIR && cd $OBJDIR && $SRCDIR/configure --debian-specific-flags && make install

Or does the debian religion say that you have to build a package with
an object module in it first? As long as the database of what is
installed is updated correctly, this should work. Emacs is compiling
its elc files, isn't it?

Harald.